Monday 16 June 2014

10th June 2014

Well this is it, this will be the last blog I am going to write before we start our cycle. We have 3 days before we leave, and 5 days before we start. I am so excited about doing this cycle, but I’m also really scared about doing it to.

I had lunch with my two friends today, and as we said goodbye, they both said see you at the finish line, and I got really emotional. All this talk and planning, has all come down to this. What started as a joke, has now become a reality and I am so excited. This challenge is the biggest thing I have ever done in my life.

A couple of months ago, I really freaked out about this challenge. I am a 4f disabled woman, who only has one leg. Who has decided to cycle the length of her country, which is over 1000 miles. What if I can’t do this? I’ve been in the papers and on the radio, and I kept thinking about all the people I would let down if I can’t do this.

It took me a few days to start thinking about things in a different way. I can’t think about the total miles I am going to do. I am just going to take each mile as it comes, each day as it comes, and with everything else I have done with my life, I am going to give it every I’ve got. I’m not a quitter. I am really looking forward to experiencing everything this challenge has to offer.

I know there is going to be some hard times, but that is why I am doing this with my best friend. We have known each other for many many years, and I really don’t think anyone knows me as well as Dani does. We know when we need support from each other, but we also know when to leave each other alone. There is a reason I asked her to come up Ben Nevis with me, not only did she support me, she also gave all of us who was there at the time, some very very funny memories. Which almost makes me forget all the pain I went through getting to the top.

In some ways it’s because I struggled so much up Ben Nevis, and got to the top, that is why I am so excited to start this cycle. I know I can do this, I know I have so much support out there, and I also know I won’t let anyone down as long as I do my best. Because that is all I can do.

Ben Nevis was a big turning point in my life. I have always said you can do anything you set your mind to, you just need to believe in yourself. But it is one thing saying it and another thing doing it. I think Ben Nevis made me realize it’s true, you really can do anything. And I am so excited to see what I can do this time.

I know I can do this, because I believe in myself, I have so many people out there who also believe in me. No matter what I can’t fail.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who is supporting us in one way or another. Whether it’s cycling with us, driving the support vehicle, meeting us at the end, or just believing in us. It really does mean a lot to us.

Anyone who would like to come to the end and see us finish is welcome. It would be really nice to see all the people who believe in us, to be greeting us at the end. We want to be able to enjoy our last moments with everyone. If you do want to join us, you can text us and we will let you know our plain. My mum will be doing a blog for us and we will be trying to do one as much as poss, please follow our journey.

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment